15 Customer Service Skills that Every Employee Needs
The Customer Service Skills that Matter
3. Clear Communication Skills
4. Knowledge of the Product
5. Ability to Use "Positive Language"
6. Acting Skills
7. Time Management Skills
8. Ability to "Read" Customers
9. A Calming Presence
10. Goal Oriented Focus
11. Ability to Handle Surprises
12. Persuasion Skills
14. Closing Ability
15. Willingness to Learn!We love how the BufferApp team approaches this skill with their wonderful monthly customer happiness updates. The updates are public, detailed, and go through how the support team (and the team at large) handled incoming emails for the month. What better way can a start up's support team learn as it goes then breaking down their own customer happiness metrics each and every month, for the public to see?
Written by Gregory Ciotti https://www.helpscout.net/blog/customer-service-skills/